Saturday, September 1, 2007

A Day In The Life of An Artist.....

Well, as they say, you make plans and then life happens.

This seems to have been the case for me in the past couple of weeks. I worked so hard and with such enthusiasm preparing my beautiful linen supports. They are now curing in my studio and will be ready to paint on next week. This week I had admirable intentions of doing some little paintings for my blog, or even posting some of my larger works which are on-going in my studio, when I came down with that nasty flu. You know the one, 'that nasty one'. My friend, Lori Jay, just back from Greece and the UK, warned me about it, but too late. So, I have been down for the count this past week. Such is life.

But, the upside to being horizontal for the better part of this week is that I am now feeling refreshed and more excited than ever to get back to easelling. It's not easy to take time away from the studio but it's never a bad thing, one way or another. Particularly, since I have agreed to take on an exciting commission for a client. Since its being handled through an advertising agency, it's all a bit hush hush ... I'll tell you about it when I'm able. Perhaps that will be when the painting is finished. This will also mean that my concentration and focus will be on bringing this commission to fruition.....if you don't hear from me for a bit, you'll understand why.

In the meantime, please read about my delightful friend Allison McNeil and her newest venture, below.

No comments:

Post a Comment