Thursday, October 2, 2014

Step-By-Step

Massing in

Alla Prima - having fun

 
                                           
"A Studio Visit", Study - oil on  panel, 16x12
 
 
In recent months I've been going back to the old practice of doing studies before beginning larger works.  I find these paintings totally enjoyable for a number of reasons, the main one being that I am able to explore possibilities that I might not otherwise encounter, or risk taking, in a larger painting. The study allows the artist to solve potential problems and when I'm really fortunate, uncover something special. 
 
After a summer of plein air studies, I found myself pining to paint the figure. This study, "A Studio Visit", (16x12) was painted in preparation for my upcoming 1-Day Workshop, "Painting the Figure, From Life,  Alla Prima". 
 
I still have some workshop spaces open and I would love for you to join me for a challenging and fun day.
 
Saturday, October 18th 2014 - 10-4:00pm 
Cost: $100 + shared model fee
To read more about the workshop and to Register online at Calgary School of Art
 
OR  (New)  register for my Wednesday "Open-Studio" evening class - 6-9pm
month-to-month, ongoing registration.
Calgary School of Art
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

1 comment: