Sunday, May 6, 2012

Workshops, Demos and Other Fun Stuff ....

I am really excited to tell you about my upcoming workshop and teaching plans.  Many years ago I enjoyed teaching regular weekly classes at Swinton's Art Supply and Instruction and I'm delighted to have reconnected with Doug and Donna once again.

WORKSHOP and DEMO ANNOUNCEMENT



"SIMPLE IDEAS: POWERFUL PAINTINGS" - November 16, 17, 18, 2012

Painting the Portrait from life, and from a photo as if painting from life, in oil

Cost: $250 plus model fee (includes Friday evening portrait demo - see Swinton's website for details)
Life Portrait Demonstration: Friday evening 6-8pm, November 16th followed by 2 day workshop, Sat, November 17th and Sun, November 18th, 2012 (10-4pm)
Swinton's Art Supply and Instruction to register. Friday evening demo open to all!



In this workshop, you as a student will enjoy the exhilarating process of painting the model from life on the first day and on the second day, painting from a photo, as if painting from life. You will experience creating real life at the end of your brush when you jump into painting the form directly, without drawing.



Emphasis for this workshop is "simple": simple ideas that create powerful paintings. Concepts, abstract design, value, edges, colour - all the fundamentals will be explored. Artist demo during the workshop as well as individual guidance throughout. Workshop includes the Friday evening portrait demonstration, followed by this fun, but challenging workshop. Beginners through to the experienced painters welcome.



You'll never look at a brushstroke the same way again.




About the Demo:

I'll be doing a demo at Swinton's for their Friday Night Demo Series. I'll be doing an oil portrait, Friday, November 16th 6-8pm. $19 - a glass of wine and nosh included. To read more about this fun evening, click here I will do the demo Friday evening and this will parlay into a 2 day weekend workshop which I'll be teaching. You can attend the demo - or the workshop - or both! I'd love to see you there. Contact me if you have any questions or register directly with Swinton's.



While I've certainly been neglecting my blog and website duties lately, I want you to know that the same doesn't hold true for my time at the easel over the past months.  I am eager to share my newest works with you soon.  Please stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment