Friday, March 12, 2010

"Mac" - Daily #9

"Mac", oil on panel, 6 x 6 inches

I love painting little round Mac apples!   There is just something indescribable about putting pieces of paint on a surface to create such simple beauty.

This was the demo that I painted at my "Painting Dailies" workshop a few weeks ago.   I wasn't able to finish it in the few minutes that I did the demonstration but I did go back to it a few days later and this is the end result.

The workshop was a huge success and participants managed to complete as many as 4 'Dailies' in the 2-day-workshop, working from life.   I was truly impressed!  In addition, everyone learned how to prepare and prime panels for their 'dailies', as well as en plein air painting.

This painting is available for purchase at Art Country Canada Gallery


No comments:

Post a Comment